Garlic Butter Basted Ribsteak
Makes 2 portions.
- 1 bone-in rib steak, cut about 2 inches thick
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 sprig thyme
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Let the steak come to room temperature for at least one hour.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, until very hot. Add oil.
- Season your steak to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place steak in pan and sear for 5 minutes. Turn steak over and cook another 4 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add butter, garlic and thyme and baste the steak generously.
- Place pan in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 130°F (medium-rare), 135°F (medium) or 140°F (medium-well).
- Remove steak from pan and transfer to a plate. Pour the butter and garlic from the pan over top and then cover loosely with foil.
- Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes, or up to 15 minutes. Enjoy!