Irish Cheddar & Whisky Fondue
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 cup Bulwark Traditional Craft Cider
- 1½ lb. Irish Cheddar such as Kerrygold or Dubliner cheese, grated
- 1½ Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. Irish Whiskey such as Kilbeggan or Jameson’s
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rub the cut side of the garlic all over the inside of a large, heavy pot. Set over medium heat, add cider and bring to a simmer.
- In a large bowl, toss the cheese with the cornstarch. Add a handful at a time to the simmering wine, stirring until each handful melts before adding the next. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir constantly until the cheese is completely melted.
- Add the whiskey and heat until bubbling, 1-2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a warm fondue pot to keep warm and serve with chunks of bread, crackers, smoked sausage or apples