Maple Walnut Glazed Carrots
Makes 6-8 Servings
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- ¼ lb salted butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- Fresh roasted walnut halves or pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the carrots in a medium saucepan and cover with cold salted water. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, until the carrots are softened but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, combine the butter, maple, thyme and rosemary in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes to make a caramel, until it turns a deep amber and is smooth and glossy. Turn off the heat, discard the herbs and set the caramel aside.
- Drain the carrots and return to the pot. Pour the caramel sauce over the carrots, add the walnuts, then toss to combine. Serve right away.