Moroccan Spiced Pumpkin and Lentil Ragout
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups cubed cooking pumpkin
- 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed well
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion is soft.
- Next, stir in the spices and cook for a minute until spices are fragrant. Add the tomatoes, pumpkin, lentils, and some salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and lentils are fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro and serve right away.