Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla extract)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup ground almonds
- ⅓ cup raspberry jam (for filling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer (or using a hand blender), cream together the butter, sugar, egg and extract, scraping down the sides as necessary. The mixture should be pale and fluffy. Stir in the flour and ground almond.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes and then quickly indent each center with your thumb. Fill the center with a small spoonful of jam, then bake for another 5-7 minutes or until the cookies are done. They should not be browned at all. Cool on a wire rack.