Turkey Tacos with Sriracha cream
Makes 12 tacos
- 1 Tbsp canola or olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 Chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1 minced red onions
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 12 corn tortillas.
- Other awesome additions include: Chopped avocado, grated sharp cheese, refried beans, chopped cucumbers.
Fresh cilantro to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a small heat-proof casserole, toss together oil, chili powder, cumin, oregano and turkey. Cover with foil and put in oven while you prepare other ingredients.
- Chop tomatoes, lettuce and red onions and store in separate serving bowls.
- Make Sriracha cream: stir together sour cream, sriracha hot sauce, garlic and lime juice and zest.
- Remove warmed turkey from oven and turn the oven up to 500F (broiler).
- Toast tortillas in batches: Place 6 tortillas on a baking sheet and toast for 1-2 minutes, until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel while you toast the remaining tortillas. Serve immediately and let your friends enjoy assembling their own tacos.