White Bean & Roasted Garlic Hummus
Makes 3 cups. 8 servings.
- 1 can cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 whole bulb garlic, roasted OR 2 Tbsp prepared roasted garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp + ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley and olive oil for serving
- To roast garlic: Cut the root end off the bottom of the garlic bulb. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil and wrap with foil. Bake at 325F for 30-45 minutes, until very soft. Let cool, then press cloves to squish out the cooked pulp.
- To make hummus: Place all ingredients including garlic pulp into a food processor. Process until very smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and process for another minute.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or plate, then refrigerate until ready to serve. To serve, top with a drizzle of olive oil and some chopped fresh parsley.
Pairs well with:
Bolla Pinot Grigio delle Venezie IGT Retro