Belle River Crab Cakes
Makes 16 Crab Cakes, serves 4-6.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup mayonaise
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lb Belle River Crab meat, thawed and excess liquid squeezed out
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil for brushing
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise egg, parsley, Dijon and Old Bay. Gently stir in the crab just until combined.
- Scoop out heaping tablespoons of crab mixture, roll in panko, and form into 1-in.-thick cakes. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. Place the cakes on your prepared baking sheet about ½ inch apart. Lightly spray or brush the tops of the cakes with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, then turn the cakes over and continue baking until light golden, about 5 more minutes. Let stand for about 5 minutes before transferring to a large platter.