Coconut Curry Halibut
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) vegetable oil
- 3 shallots, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) Thai red curry paste
- 1½ cups (375ml) chicken stock
- 1 can (250ml) coconut milk
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) fish sauce
- 4 halibut fillets
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup (60g) cilantro, plus more for serving
- ¼ cup (60g) green onions, thinly sliced, plus more for serving
- 1 lime, juiced
- Add the oil to a sauté pan over medium high heat and cook the shallots and garlic for 2-3 minutes until fragrant, then add the curry paste and cook for an additional 3 minutes
- Add the chicken stock, coconut milk, sugar and fish sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes and add the cilantro and green onions.
- Season the halibut filets well with salt and pepper and place them into the liquid. Spoon some of the liquid on top of the fish and cover the pan.
- Poach the fish for 5-7 minutes until it is cooked through and flaky.
- Remove the fish filets to serving plates and top with the curry, lime juice and the fresh cilantro and green onions.
©2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada. For more Beer & Food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca