Haddock en Papillote with Summer Vegetables (GF)
Makes 4 servings.
- 4 sheets parchment paper, at least 11×18 inches each
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup julienne carrot
- 1 cup fresh peas or snow peas
- 2 cups chopped beet green or swiss chard leaves
- 4 x half-pound haddock filets (cod or hake also work well)
- Sprigs of fresh herbs like parsley, dill, tarragon or chives (as mush as you want!)
- 4 slices lemon
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 Tbsp butter in cubes
- Preheat your oven or BBQ to 400F. Lay the sheets of parchment out on your work surface, then build the papillotes on one half of each sheet of parchment. Start by dividing the zucchini, carrots, peas and greens between the 4 sheets, making a pile right in the centre of one half of each sheet. Lay the fish on top of the veggies, then top with herbs, lemon, white wine and a pat of butter.
- Season everything with a sprinkle of salt and freshly cracked pepper then fold the bare side of the parchment all the way over and fold in the edges of the parchment to make a sealed envelope. Repeat with all the packets and then transfer them to a baking sheet. (If you are cooking on the BBQ, make sure the edges of the parchment are tucked inside the rim of the baking sheet, or else they will catch fire!)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer stuck into the centre of the packet reads 165F. Carefully transfer the packets to plates and cut open their tops with a sharp paring knife or scissors. Garnish with some more fresh herbs and enjoy!
Pairs well with:
Mallee Rock Pinot Grigio