Southern Style Mussels
- 2 pounds PEI Mussels
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- ½ baguette, sliced and toasted
- Heat butter in a large heavy pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion, celery and green pepper and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomato paste, smoked paprika, oregano, thyme, black pepper, cayenne and salt, stirring to mix spices into vegetables thoroughly, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add mussels, cover pot and cook until mussels all open (discard any that are still tightly shut), 8-10 minutes.
- Ladle mussels and broth into shallow, warmed bowls and top with chopped parsley. Serve with toasted baguette.
©2015-2016 Molson Coors Canada. For more Beer & Food pairings visit www.brewsandbites.ca